To help prepare for your first meeting, you should have a understanding of your current financial picture and financial goals. Your adviser will work with you to help you identify and prioritise your financial goals and set a plan to help you achieve these. Your first appointment will allow us to get a full picture of your financial position.
Could you please have the following information to hand during your first appointment.
- Last 3 month’s Payslips if employed
- Last 2 years Accounts if self employed or a limited company
- Information on all current mortgages (amount outstanding, monthly repayment, lender, interest rate and early repayment charges)
- Information on all current loans and credit cards (amount outstanding, monthly repayment, lender and interest rate)
- 5 years address history
- Information on all savings, pensions and Investments
- Information on current insurance contracts and employer benefits such as sick pay and death in service.
- Summary of monthly expenditure
Documents to bring to your appointment
- Driving Licence or Passport for verification purposes
- Address proof (utility bill or bank statement dated within the last 3 months)
In addition, where possible we would ask that you obtain a copy of your credit report. We have found check my file to be the best as this provides a multi agency credit report. The provider offers a free 30 day trial of which can be cancelled at anytime, if not cancelled this will cost £14.99 a month. By having the report it will allow us to understand any past credit issues, analyse data that may affect your mortgage eligibility ie high credit card utilisation, ensure debt balances are correct and check for any errors on the report which may impact an application.
Once your adviser has gathered all of the relevant information, they will then arrange a second appointment with you. At your second appointment the adviser will present you with suitable recommendations and discuss the options available in detail.